Complaints and Compliments

You have the right to make a complaint about any aspect of NHS care, treatment or services, and this is firmly written into the NHS Constitution. The surgery encourages feedback because it is used to improve services.  If you wish to share your views and experiences, positive or negative, simply speak to a member of staff or ask to speak to a manager.

If you are unhappy with our service, it is often worthwhile discussing your concerns early on with the surgery so we will be able to sort the issue out quickly. Most problems can be dealt with at this stage, but in some cases  you may feel more comfortable speaking to someone not directly involved in your care.

If you are unable to resolve your verbal complaint, you can write to us at the Practice.

The NHS Complaints Advocacy Service is delivered by POhWER. The NHS Complaints Advocacy Service is a free and independent service that can help you make a complaint about a National Health Service (NHS).

POhWER has a dedicated website that has information to support and help you make a complaint by yourself. There is information available in easy read and large print.

If you need support to make a complaint then POhWER advocates will be able to work with you to make sure you understand your options and help you to achieve the outcome you are seeking.

Contact Details: POhWER, PO Box 17943, Birmingham, B9 9PB .

Helpline Number: 0300 456 2370
Textphone Number: 81025 (Text the word pohwer with your name and number)
Fax Number: 0300 456 2365

Email: [email protected]

We will acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours and resolve the complaint within 4 weeks. While the practice would like to work with you to resolve your concerns, an independent review of this matter may be sought from the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, if you remain dissatisfied with our response. Requests for independent review should usually be made within a year of the events giving rise to your concerns.

You can contact the ombudsman on 0345 015 4033 or by e-mail at [email protected] or write to:

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman,
Millbank Tower,